4 mai 2012

ULRIKA KESTERE, the swedish improviser //interview #2

24 years old freelance photographer and illustrator from Lund, Sweden
portrait6
I am studying industrial design at the moment. But I'm receiving my bachelor within a month. Before this I studied photography for two years. I have definitely learned a lot during my design education that I will be able to use in the future. But photography has and will always be my true vocation. I'm continuing as a freelance photographer after the spring.




I found three different sections of photography on your website. Which one is your favorite to shoot?




UlrikaDifficult to choose. I love shooting "daydream" photography. A world where everything is cosy and pleasant. Like in a fairytale book. Although photographing animals can be very tricky and frustrating... when you do get that good shot it's worth the wait!
portrait_due124
If you had all the possibilities, where would you travel to shoot landscapes?



UlrikaWow, that's difficult to choose. Even though I would shoot landscape, I would love there to be animals as well. Misty Scotland hills, volcanos on Iceland, mountains in Nepal... something like that!


winter_horse_s
Where does the story of “The girl with the 7 horses” come from?


UlrikaI got tired of never having any animals to shoot with so I just decided to create animals out of fabric. And while shooting the first picture the story just came to me. It's as if it had been there all along.
black_horse_s


Are your illustrations linked to photography or do they have their own story behind?


UlrikaNo, the illustrations often have a longer story behind them, I can create such a different world on the paper than I can with photography. When I draw there are no limitations. Also, I work on one illustration for many hours so it's inevitable that a longer story pops up.
sketches6


I know it’s a cliché, but I couldn’t find out, so I have to ask: Who are your favorite photographers?


UlrikaWilliam Wegman, Tim Walker and Robin Schwartz to mention a few.






I wish her good luck, succes in life and the possibility to shoot anything she wants. What else could be the biggest wish of a photographer?


WEBSITE

BLOG

FACEBOOK PAGE

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Most read