1 mai 2012

CHLOE AFTEL, taking them pictures //interview#1

chloe aftel
San Francisco, CA




Shooting for Vogue, Marie Claire, Rolling Stone, Nylon, and recently at Coachella, too. She’s taking pictures like nothing in the world matters. Although, she didn’t achieve my attention with her clients, but with her one and only talent. 


As I was scrolling on Tumblr, I saw one of her pictures, luckily for me, entitled. I searched it and found Chloe’s website, where I spent a significant amount of my free time, admiring her pictures. I was utterly fascinated, for real.


From my point of view her pictures are certainly insipiring and full of emotion. It’s like she’s capturing the exact moment when the emotions come to surface.


Does she have a time freezer? Well, let’s see..

tumblr_m2rd58wSEx1qfy50fo1_500
What's your story? How did you become a photographer?



Chloe: " I was in film school and looking for something else, so I started teaching myself how to shoot still photography. From there, I kept doing my own work while working in film and eventually left film to pursue managing a successful photographer's studio and then going out on my own. "

chloe aftel
Which was the first photo you were proud of?


Chloe: " Man, I don't know. Alicia has always been a favorite. It was on Impossible Project Fade-To-Black, such a gorgeous film. There are a few other images I love, but more often I'm really excited about what's coming next. "




Which is the favourite project you've worked on? Where did the idea come from?


Chloe: " I have one personal project on Children with Rare Genetic Diseases that has been nearly 10 years in the making and means a lot to me. I wanted to find a unique way to present and explore various genetic diseases. There are a few editorials I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to do. "
chloe aftel
You prefer shooting unknown people or rather one of your friends?


Chloe: " I love both, it just depends on what the subject enter the room feeling. Sometimes figuring out how to work with someone is very fulfilling and sometimes that immediate intimacy is terribly rewarding. "
chloe aftel
Could you reveal us a little teaser for one of your future projects?


Chloe: " All I can say is amputees.  "




Thank you!


Chloe: " Thank you so much!




Unfortunately, the existence of the time freezer still remains a mystery, but I’m pretty sure she owns one. ;)




WEBSITE

BLOG

FACEBOOK PAGE

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Most read